This is an agreement between the user (you) and www.gonordic.com.
Please read this carefully. www.gonordic.com is trading name under TravelDesign AB of PO.Box 175, 161 26 BROMMA, Sweden hereinafter referred to as GoNordic, accepts reservations subject to these Booking Conditions:
1. VALIDITY. This site valid from January 01, 2009 until December 31, 2009 or until superseded.
2. PRICES. Prices on this site are quoted in EURO. GoNordic reserves the right to change our prices for any reason. All prices have been calculated based on general services specified including accommodation. Rates of exchange are updated weekly. Prices will not be changed after full payment has been received by GoNordic for the final invoice price. All Prices include Taxes and applicable fees unless specified.
3. DEPOSITS. A minimum non-refundable deposit of EUR 100 per person is due and payable when reservations are initiated. Additional deposits are required for certain rail journeys, cruises, specific hotels and during Fair periods. GoNordic or your reservations agent or travel agent will advise you of the required additional deposit at the time of making your reservation.
4. FINAL PAYMENT. Final payment must be received by GoNordic at least 45 days prior to departure. For reservations made less than 45 days prior to departure, full and final payment is due at the time of making the reservation. Failure to make final payment when due will result in the reservation being automatically cancelled and you will be responsible for the cancellation fees specified in Sections 6 and 9. Payment of any money constitutes acceptance of all Terms and Conditions as described herein by the purchaser and passenger.
5. METHOD OF PAYMENT. GoNordic accepts only Visa and MasterCard.
6. AIRLINE TICKETING/CANCELLATION. Most airfares used for these vacations are based on Advance Purchase Excursion Fares, and are subject to applicable cancellation penalties and the rules and regulations imposed by each airline. If you cancel your reservation, a cancellation fee will be imposed by the airline of up to 100% of the airfare. Any deviation from the set itinerary may also affect the airfare, and you will be responsible for payment of any increase in the airfare should you change the set itinerary. GoNordic must issue all international and domestic air tickets for your vacation unless E-ticket is provided; otherwise a service fee of up to EUR 100 will be added to the vacation price. After the air ticket is written, any change requiring ticket re-issuance (such as a change in airline dates, routing, stops, or change of name due to the name provided to GoNordic not being exactly the same as the name on the passport) will be assessed a EUR 50 change fee plus any change and cancellation penalties charged by the airlines. Important note. The name must be spelled exactly as it is in Your passport cause the airlines do NOT accept any name change. The airfare excludes Taxes and Fees such as: U.S. Departure and Arrival Taxes, Customs and Immigration Fee, Inspection Service Fee, Civil Aviation Security Fee, September 11 Security Fee, Los Angeles P.F.C. Tax, and International landing and departure taxes. You are responsible for paying such additional Taxes and Fees when they occur.
7. LATE BOOKING FEE. A EUR 40 fee may be levied on bookings requested within 21 days prior to departure to cover communication costs and overnight document delivery fees.
8. AMENDMENTS TO CONFIRMED BOOKINGS. After confirmation has been received there is a EUR 50 amendment fee each time an itinerary is revised. No amendments will be made until a deposit is received. Amendments made after documents have been issued will incur a EUR 50 fee to cover courier costs, communication costs and additional time to co-ordinate the changes.
9. CANCELLATION FEES. The following cancellation fees will apply on land arrangements based on control of GoNordic, or (b) defects or failures of any aircraft, vessel, automotive vehicle or other equipment or instrumentality under the control of time before departure that GoNordic receives actual notice of the cancellation: 45 days or more – Loss of full deposit Between 44-21 days – 20% of total price Between 20-10 days – 35% of total price Between 9-1 days – 60% of total price Day of departure – 100% of total price We strongly recommend travel insurance to cover insurable risks. Please read GoNordic insurance offer on site.
10. DOCUMENT DISPATCH. Documents will be dispatched at specified times prior to departure based on when the booking is completed and paid in full. It’s your responsibility that your address is correct in your booking forms.
11. REFUNDS & UNUSED SERVICES. Travel arrangements cancelled, amended or altered within 24 hours of your departure or once travel has commenced do not qualify for any refund whatsoever, whether part of a package vacation or individual components, nor can components be substituted for alternative arrangements. Unused services are not refundable.
12. PASSPORT/VISAS. All passengers require a valid passport and, in most instances, visas. It is the passenger’s responsibility to have a valid passport and the necessary visas for the countries being visited. GoNordic accepts no responsibility if you do not have the correct documentation for your vacation. In GoNordic production portfolio it is important to check your status for visas on destinations like Russia and the Baltic states.
13. WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED. Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, telephone and fax charges, visa and passport fees, vaccinations, meals not specified, gratuities (unless specified), and foreign and domestic departure taxes. 14. ACCOMMODATION. Share twin accommodation is based on two single beds or one double bed as provided by the hotel. Hotels provide triple accommodation generally with a twin or double-bedded room and one rollaway bed at an additional charge. Single room accommodation must be booked by people wishing to travel alone. All our accommodation is based on non-smoking rooms. Smoking room can be requested on check in if available.
15. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS. a) You, the passenger, or your Travel Agent are responsible for advising us of any special requirements you may have and it is your Travel Agent’s responsibility to communicate to you any changes or alterations advised to your Travel Agent by GoNordic b) It is your responsibility to advise your Travel Agent in writing of any medical conditions that may in any way affect your ability or the ability of any member of your travelling party to undertake the travel arrangements that you have purchased. In addition, you must provide to your Travel Agent a letter from your personal physician stating the nature of the medical condition and certifying that you are physically fit to undertake the travel arrangements as purchased. It is then your Travel Agent’s responsibility to provide GoNordic with copies of the letter and to request in writing that GoNordic arrange any special requirements considered necessary. Without such written notice, GoNordic accepts no responsibility for special requirements not provided. Some products in this website may require you to undertake medical examinations. You may also be required to show these documents to certain suppliers.
16. RESPONSIBILITY—GoNordic Purchases transportation, hotel accommodations, restaurant services, and other services from various independent suppliers that are not subject to its control. GoNordic CANNOT, THEREFORE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES that may occur due to (a) intentional, wrongful, negligent, or arbitrary acts or omissions on the part of a supplier, its employees and others not under the direct independent suppliers. In addition, GoNordic cannot be liable for delays in departure or interruption of your vacation arrangements caused by weather conditions, technical problems of any aircraft, vessel, automotive vehicle or other equipment or instrumentality, strikes, war, terrorist activity, civil commotion, or any causes beyond the control of GoNordic In no event will GoNordic be responsible for incidental, consequential or special or incidental damage or loss suffered by any person. GoNordic’s maximum liability, for any reason whatsoever, will be limited to the amount paid to GoNordic’s for its services. In issuing tickets and coupons for transportation of the purchaser by any means, and making arrangements for hotel or other accommodation, GoNordic is not acting as principal but only as agent for the companies, corporations or persons providing or offering the means of transportation and accommodation. To the extent GoNordic shall not be acting as an agent, as stated above, it shall be deemed to be acting as an agent of the purchasers in arranging or booking transportation and accommodation. Airlines and other transportation providers (e.g., motor coach operators) are not liable for any detention, delays, loss, damage, sickness or injury, however or by whoever caused, during the time passengers are not on board their planes or conveyances. The contract of carriage used by such transportation providers when issued shall constitute the sole contract between the transportation providers and the purchaser of these vacation arrangements.
17. TRAVEL INSURANCE. GoNordic strongly recommends that you purchase travel insurance providing coverage for loss of deposit, cancellation fees, medical expenses, lost baggage and other potential travel-related losses under certain circumstances. Such insurance must be purchased at the time of your initial travel reservation, and paid for with your deposit. The scope of coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the insurance policy. Please Note: Travel insurance must be purchased at the time of your initial travel reservation, and paid for with your deposit. The scope of coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the insurance policy and only covers the arrangements booked through GoNordic upon arrival
18. MAPS AND PHOTOGRAPHS. Maps shown within this brochure are for general information only and may not necessarily reflect actual routings and services provided. The hotel photographs may not necessarily reflect the standard of any room purchased.